We all love taking pictures with our smartphones, which have almost completely replaced the old cameras. The moment you take a picture, many people don’t know, they are also stored in their memory. other information along with the captured image. When you send these photos to other people, this information may also be displayed with the image.
This stored information is known as information EXIF o metadata . We have already seen how to edit metadata of a video, and in this article we want to do the same reasoning for the photos. In fact, more and more people are deciding to edit or remove data altogether. EXIF from your own images before you send or share them.
EXIF stands for Exchangeable Image File Format . Each time you take a picture with your phone or a digital camera, a file (normally a file with the same name) will be displayed. JPEG ) is stored in the device’s memory. In addition to the details of the image, additional metadata is also recorded with information such as: date, time, camera settings, and possible copyright and geographic location information.
You can also add other information with the help of third-party applications or software.
If you want protect your privacy it is possible that you want to modify or remove data EXIF from all your photos. Let’s see below how to operate both on Mac and on PC Windows.
>> SU COMPUTER MAC OS X
If you own a Mac computer, we recommend that you download the application Photos EXIF editor from the next page:
Here are some features of the app:
- Allows you to remove data EXIF from all your photos at the same time
- Supports various image formats, including the RAW
- Automatically creates backup of original photo metadata while writing
- The application interface is very intuitive and easy to use.
Here are the steps to follow for view, edit or remove exif data from photos :
- Download and install the application. Then drag and drop the folder of photos or individual photos you want to edit
- After importing, you can choose the options of alteration EXIF . In the drop-down menu that appears in the program there are several options for editing the data EXIF .
- After entering the desired information or removing the unwanted information, click on “Start process” to proceed
- Once the process is complete, click on “Save output” and your photos will now have the metadata modified (or no exif data if you have deleted everything)
- The interesting thing about this application is that it backs up the original photos. So you can always restore them if necessary.
>> SU COMPUTER WINDOWS
To open and view a file EXIF on your PC Windows recommends using the free program VISU ALIZATOR FOTO . It is a program designed to open any type of image file, even those of less popular format such as precisely exif. Once you have installed and opened the program all you have to do is access the menu File -> Open File and select the photo EXIF to be displayed. This will appear immediately on the main screen of the software:
To remove info from an Exif file on Windows, the process is easier and you don’t need any third-party software. Here’s how to edit or remove data EXIF along PC Windows.
- Download the photo to your Windows computer
- Right-click on the photo and then go to Property .
- Go to the card particulars and click on “ Remove properties and personal information “.
- In the window that appears you can create a copy of your photos with “all possible properties” or click on “remove the following properties from this file” and choose which properties you want to remove from the image.
- Now you’ve removed the data EXIF from your photos.